Tuesday 24 January 2012

Feels Good!

One of the projects for my course required everyone in the class to search for and enter a competition. After sifting through many that I thought seemed lame, too boring or not challenging enough, I stumbled upon one for the Feel Good Drinks Company. An independent UK-based drinks manufacturer, the company required an ad campaign designed for them to boost their profile.

With fear that I would be exploring territories that I am all too familiar with, I decided to jump way out of my comfort zone and try something that I had never done before; motion graphics. Though AfterEffects was completely alien to me initially, after a lot of experimentation I managed to get the hang of it resulting in it being one of the most enjoyable projects I have ever undertaken.

The video features John Walker, a friend of mine, who kindly volunteered to play the part of the unfortunate soul falling victim to the perils of an upturned plug; we did the photoshoot in Deen's house and I can assure you that every photo from that shoot was hilarious.

And that funky soundtrack? Credit goes to Ross Paterson for that, many thanks to him for all the time and effort he put into sorting out the audio for this! The scream sound gets me every time...

As this is intended to be part of a series of ads I hope to complete another similar to this very soon, this time featuring good ol' Scot playing the part of a rather unhygienic chap...

So here is the video... Hope you enjoy it!


1 comment: